Friday, October 2, 2009

Toronto Animal Services Friday review, Oct. 2

Busy week and I haven't had a chance to photo all the new dogs yet but here's the first.

St. Bernard Rufus is huge! But he's also sick. I don't think I've seen so much snot since kindergarten. His super laid back personality may have something to do with his illness but right now he's like a 140 pound pillow on legs - and this is him on the skinny side. When he's on leash, he just sort of saunters right beside you and doesn't pull at all. This big bear definitely needs some TLC and will hopefully be back in good spirits soon.


Good news about Rufus here.

For adoption information on these and other dogs (and cats and other animals), please visit Toronto Animal Services.

6 comments:

Lynda said...

Doesn't TAS work with rescues for certain breeds, like this guy?

I love me a St. Bernard! He's a handsome feller!

Fred said...

Yeah, they do but in this case they probably figure it'll be easy to adopt him out themselves so there's no point in filling up a spot some other dog can have in a rescue.

Rufus is just the first big dog in at TAS this week. Wait 'til you see the Mastiff when I get around to uploading the photo.

Unknown said...

Hi Fred,

I saw Rufus and the Mastiff today. Two big beautiful dogs that I hope find people who will appreciate them.

Anonymous said...

Aww I din't know he was sick, I did find him very lathargic though and should have brought the slobber rag with me that was hanging on his door..what a sweet heart he is

Susan

i kick shins said...

We just did a spay/gastropexy on that mastiff, Tyra...What a DOLL. She weighed in 163lbs (which she uses to her advantage lol) but was such a gentle giant for all our poking and proding!

Fred said...

machina, I didn't get a chance to walk her yet but she seemed really sweet through the kennel door.