Friday, March 27, 2009

Toronto Animal Services Friday review, March 27

I think on Fridays I'm going to start posting up photos of new dogs who have come into Toronto Animal Services South the past week. With all the rescue TAS is doing these days, a lot more dogs are available and I'm thinking the additional publicity can only help. These pooches are either already up for adoption or will be shortly.

Some of the photos have accompanying descriptions and some don't. That's not because the ones without have got no personalities but because I can only write fun, friendly, happy, etc. so many times before those words lose all meaning.

If you know anyone who's interested in adopting one of these guys, just contact Toronto Animal Services South at 416 338 6668 or go to their website.

You can also e-mail me and I might be able to give you some additional information before you go check them out.

Sira is fascinated by birds and I've never seen a dog actually point before but she certainly knows how it's done.


Scratch


McTavish may look like he's got Scottish ancestry but it's all in the haircut. He's actually a Lhasa Apso but came in with thick fur so dirty and matted that the groomer decided to give him buzz cut.


Gigi


Chanel is a puppy mill dog who is a fab dog. Since she's spent most of life inside, and likely inside a cage, she's still very curious about the outside world and is a little anxious around loud noises. Otherwise, she's a wonderfully affectionate dog and great on a leash.

Update on Gigi here.

5 comments:

Joanne said...

I think that is just a fabulous idea. Word of mouth is supposed to be the best form of advertising, so give it a shot. Kudos Fred...

Jon said...

Cute pups. Sira is a beautiful gsp!

Ian said...

They`re all adorable.
That Sira sure has an interesting look.
She has a very sad look in her eyes though.
I`m sure someone will bring the sparkle back.

Fred said...

Sira is a German Wire Haired Pointer. I've never seen one before either and, yeah, she is a very striking dog.

Jon said...

Sira is a beautiful pup.Hopefully they all find forever homes. I have a couple of GSP rescues myself and have always wanted to see one of the wirehaired variety in person.