A change for the better:
Subject: Fostering Program at THS
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 19:14:34 -0500
Hello THS Volunteers past and present!
I am writing today to ask if any of you are interested in becoming Foster Parents for many of the animals currently seeking special foster homes.
If you are, please write back to this address, and include “FOSTER INTEREST” In the subject line.
Please also answer the following questions:
3) Phone #
5) What foster animals, if any, you have at present
6) What types of animals you are able to foster (dogs, puppies, cats, kittens, rabbits, small animals [please specify species], birds, reptiles)
7) What procedures you are able to handle (bottle feeding, eye medication, oral medication, pills, insulin injections, SQ fluids, bladder expression, etc.)
8) What term you are willing to foster (1-2 weeks, 2-4 weeks, 4-8 weeks, long-term, palliative)
9) Do you have animals of your own in the house? If so, what species?
10) Do you have a way to separate your pets from foster animals?
11) Do you have stairs that the animal(s) will have access to?
12) Do you have children in household? If so, what ages?
13) Does anyone in your household have allergies? If so, to what species?
12) What transportation will you use with a foster animal? (getting home, to vet appointments, and back to the shelter?)
We have many animals available for foster, including:
1)Adult cats in need of socialization and very patient, understanding homes
3)Cats with chronic skin conditions who need special care and bandage changing to allow their skin to heal
4)A cat with chronic constipation
5)A blind cat
1)Two dogs awaiting dental surgery at specialists (a German Sheppard and a Boxer)
2)One dog in renal failure (a German Sheppard)
1)Rabbits with chronic respiratory issues who need to live in a more hypoallergenic environment
2)Rabbits with incisor issues who need to go for dental appointments
3)Rabbits with eye issues
4)Rabbits who need socialization
5)Guinea Pigs who need socialization
6)Degus with eye issues
7)Rats with respiratory issues
8)Rats who need socialization
Please remember that all medical costs and food is covered by the shelter for foster animals. If you are interested, please let me know ASAP by responding to this e-mail.
Thanks so much,
Toronto Humane Society