Friday, January 9, 2009

I finally hooked one

This really isn't that controversial a blog but it still surprises me that it took this long to get a negative comment and that's exactly what I got last night. It's my first flame and I'll cherish it forever.

A month ago, I wrote four posts about Jere Alexander, a Pit Bull academic/activist and fellow blogger who I felt had been maligned in the media and then lynch mobbed into quitting her job as director of the Fulton County pound in Georgia. I used excerpts from her private blog and also looked at the way the media chose to (mis)interpret her job performance and then the ensuing public hate bashing that was leveled at her.

And now, after months of waiting, this highly deductive comment arrives:

Anonymous said...

This blog is the biggest bunch of crap going. Anyone with 1/2 a brain can clearly see that it is Jere writing about herself in 3rd person. I have gone from seeing her as a pit bull breeding, gamedog loving nut to really questioning her sanity! Stop trying to blame Randy, the kennel manager and everyone else for the fact that you and your "boss" were incompetent and arrogant enough to think you could take on the responsibility of that shelter with no experience. Give us all a break Jere and climb back under that Rock or should I say Rocky!


Yes, despite the fact that my name is Fred (of course I could be faking that) and that I've been writing about Toronto Animal Services for more than 6 months (I could be faking that too), someone actually thinks that I am Jere Alexander, a woman living in Georgia and ex-director of Fulton County Animal Services.

I couldn't have asked for a better example of the kind of anonymous bully who carries around with them their sick anger, hatred and blind ignorance, who comprises the rabid mob that targeted Jere Alexander right from the start.

I also can't believe someone thinks I'm a red head.

But maybe I shouldn't be making light of this. After all, what is it they say about fleas? If you find one, there's bound to be more. I'm not too worried, though. Extermination is just a delete button away.

7 comments:

Caveat said...

Congratulations on getting a troll! Exciting, isn't it?

I get the odd one, but not enough to make me think I've arrived.


Most recently, I had a couple on an old post about PJ's where I suggested they should either shut down or change. Some troll said my blog was a load of crap and that PJ's is getting good puppies from reputable sources and taking good care of them. My blog about their ongoing business model - to sell pups of unknown provenance at inflated prices to suckers who know diddley about it so are easy meat for the emotional manipulation was nothing but nonsense, apparently.

If you really want to bring out the flying monkeys, put up something that mocks Peta. Works every time :>)

House of the Discarded said...

*LOLOLOL* Un-real.

Fred said...

I don't know much about trolls. Did you name yours? What do you feed them? Do they crate well? Do you use a collar or a choke? Should they be spayed/neutered? Is there any Troll Specific Legislation I need to be aware of? Will my troll get trollnapped and have its teeth knocked out and used as a baittroll in a trollfight?

Anonymous said...

OK Fred....if you need a witness, I can testify, under oath, that you are not, I repeat NOT a red-headed woman, unless of course that was once heck of a disguise when we met you. Of course, that could have been a decoy you sent in your place but it was really neat how TAS gave us an exact description of you when we merely mentioned we were meeting Fred. Wow, impressive. Secondly, OK I knew you were an excellent writer, with a great sense of humour and the bizzare (if those are not one and the same) but, you have really outdone yourself on the last post about the care and feeding of trolls. OMG, I would love to see that idiot's answer to that...wait, he wouldn't get it...probably wouldn't except that much sarcasm from a redheaded woman....

Fred said...

Well, thanks Joanne but unfortunately you're just a figment of my imagination just as I myself am a figment of my own imagination. None of us really exist. Toronto Animal Services doesn't exist. Toronto doesn't even exist. Nor Canada. We've all been made up to provide a cover story for Jere ... I mean me.

Anonymous said...

hahah Im the red headed women!!!!!







Susan

Anonymous said...

Sorry Susan....but Fred can testify that I am the "real" (well OK, as real as L'Oreal gets) redheaded woman. OMG, how much mileage can we get out of this fool. I love his/her post "with 1/2 a brain"..so I guess he/she qualifies on that criteria...... I really have to thank this person for putting some riotous humour in an otherwise boring Friday afternoon. Bye non-existent Fred, Susan and all you other figments of my imagination. I suppose those two huge dogs from TAS that Em adopted are figments also. Funny they eat a lot for an imaginary dog........