Thursday, March 11, 2010

What my dogs have to put up with

Every so often, I get the photo lights out and try to take some proper photos of Stella and Rocky, kind of like the equivalent of taking the family to Sears to get portraits done and just like taking the family to Sears, the dogs hate it. They're lucky I don't make them take a bath and get dressed up.

Rocky the Klingon dog

Cookie come hither

I do this mostly so I have a good visual record of them because I know one day, even with as many photos as I may have of them, I won't have enough to bring them back.



One new thing I did this time, is I created a 3D image of Stella as she was lying there suffering mightily for my picture taking. The first image below is normal but if any of you happen to have any of those red blue 3d glasses lying around the house, put them on and the last image should pop out at you.

If you don't have any 3d glasses, there are probably some prescription drugs lying around the house which might help you achieve the same effect but I wouldn't know about that.

As always, you can click on the images to make them larger.


10 comments:

Tigerspirit said...

These are fabulous portraits! I'd hate you, but what would be the point? Some folks just got the talent....

Barb said...

Coooooooooooool!!

Lynda said...

Great shots! Too bad I turned in my 3D glasses after watching Avatar!

Fred said...

Unfortunately, the stereoscopic glasses from Avatar wouldn't have worked on this image anyway. They have clear lenses and use polarization to give you the 3d effect whereas for Stella's picture, you'd need to use the more traditional red/cyan (blue) lens glasses.

Dog Foster Mom said...

Wonderful pictures!!

Unknown said...

Awesome! These are amazing pictures. I try so hard with Pepper but she hates getting her picture taken

Unknown said...

Great pictures, I love the full colour anaglyph. Nice job;)

Julie said...

how do you do those 3D pix? Your photographs are amazing and your dogs are beautiful, I can see why you love them so much, absolutely gorgeous animals.

Anonymous said...

Great pics of Stella and Rocky. I'm trying to find an old pair of 3D glasses I've kept but can't find now that I want them.
Fred, no Friday review this week?
GB

Fred said...

Hi Julie, there are all sorts of programs out there on the internet, many free, which can help explain and create the stereoscopic 3d effect. Some of them require Photoshop, some are stand alone. The one I used is from here: http://www.stereoeye.jp/index_e.html

Hi GB, you can get red cyan stereoscopic glasses from Blockbuster for 50 cents or something like that - not implying that you should just for this photo but in case you ever rent a 3d video from them ...

Friday review coming up a day late. Things are getting a little out of control busy these days.