Sunday, April 5, 2009

Can I get a half dozen of those, please?

These Cocker Spaniels just arrived today at Toronto Animal Services and while I don't know if they're siblings, their happy personalities certainly came from the same stock. Okay, the black one isn't sporting a big goofy smile but you need someone to play the straight guy, right? No worries, though. He's laughing on the inside.

addendum (09-04-06): These guys are actually from a Cocker Spaniel rescue that needed some help due to health issues with the owners. One has already been taken in by a local rescue and the rest will be up for adoption at TAS.







Update here and here.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terrific portraits! Maybe TAS could add to its fundraising by offering to print your picture(s) on high quality paper for the adoptors of the dog in question for a small additonal fee. Or even printing them in limited editions for sale -- a strip print of these 'siblings', in exactly this order, would look great on my wall, if I had a wall to call my own...

Fred said...

Thanks. I've been thinking about getting a TAS calendar made with some photos but haven't had time to look into it. Hopefully, I can get around to it this year.

DogsDeserveFreedom said...

Great pics. My inlaws have a cocker that looks much like that black one (though she's clipped to have shorter fur!).

DogsDeserveFreedom

Anonymous said...

so cute. I wish the weather would clear up so I could walk these guys in the sun today. No such luck though, looks like Im going to be walking in the rain today. Oh well at least I'll be smiling, looking down at these guys

Susan

Fred said...

Susan, yeah the weather's pretty sucky and these guys with their long hair are going to get dirty but the good news is that they are so well behaved on leash and with each other that you can easily walk two of them at a time no problem. Double the smiles.

Ian said...

Gorgeous
Where on earth did that many Cockers come from all at once?

Fred said...

Ian, some backyard breeder probably had a fire sale or maybe just a fire.

Anonymous said...

They were awsome, had a great day yesterday, despite the rain-hail-snow!!! lol