Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Talk to strangers

Well there was a big plan to post all their pictures along with their write-ups here and on Petfinder and maybe with another rescue group but it seems all three of these pipsqueaks are already pretty well spoken for. Of course, nothing's for sure until they're safe in their own beds but it's looking pretty good.

Dr. Ruth Weintrop, a vet at Leaside Animal Clinic, had decided to open up her practice to help out with some rescue dogs and these guys were her first batch of homeseekers. They came in kind of rough from pounds in Quebec but Ruth has fixed them up all nice and tidy. They were just about to make their online debut but after a chance encounter in a drug store where a conversation with a friendly stranger about dogs and adopting dogs lead to their photos being circulated around a major law firm in the city, it seems they may already have some owners ready to take them home.

Let's hope that's the case because that would be sweet. These three have been on a long hard journey and it would be great to see them finally safe and settled.

Anyway, here's their pics and if they're still available in a week, I'll let you know.


T'Loup


Bonsai

Update on Bonsai here.
Update on T'Loup here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it works out, I may be forced to revise my opinion of lawyers...

David said...

There are no lawyers involved here. Just some thoughtful, caring individuals.

Joanne said...

It started out as a simple conversation about the price of a roll of paper towels and ended with almost twenty applications for these guys. I wish I could tell them how popular they are and how many people genuinely want to take them into their hearts and homes and make up for the unkindness they have experienced up to now. It is going to be such a treat meeting these people who I have corresponded with by email (I am still getting about one email an hour inquiring about these little guys). I want to try and express my thanks and appreciation to the lady who helped me. She knows who she is....she is a very, very special person... I was stunned by the response she alone generated. It was just one of those bizarre, serendipitous moments in life that catch you so offguard as they spiral out and out into cyperspace and the universe and eventually connected those who care with those who need care. So, please tell people about the dogs from caacQ, about the dogs at TAS....one person can make a heck of a difference...believe me I know...I met her....

Fred said...

Joanne, great job to both of you for getting the message out. It sounds like there will be homes for these guys and for a few more.