Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sometimes I need an editor

Dakota, a Beagle, and Butch and Angel, a couple of bonded Miniature Pinschers, have not been adopted yet and I think part of the reason is that the photos I originally took of them rather suck. So, a couple of days ago I took them out for a reshoot and I'm thinking the results are better.

This is the original Dakota photo:

Nyeh

I don't know what I was thinking letting that one get used. It's really not a very flattering shot at all.

Here are a couple of new ones. The first one will be the new TAS adoption website photo. The second one may be used as an additional photo on the TAS Petfinder site:



I hope the new photos bring some more interest for Dakota. She's way too good a dog to still be in adoption.

The original photo for Butch and Angel don't do them any favours:


This new one puts them in a better light, I think, showing them off to be the cuddlebugs they are:


I wish the main TAS adoption website could handle multiple images because these two funny faces really need a bunch of photos to reveal the full range of their personalities:

Angel is definitely the more take charge of the two:



Whereas Butch is, well, see for yourself:



It would be nice to be able to upload videos as well so that potential adopters can be shown what to expect when they show up. One of the problems Butch and Angel have is their lousy cage presentation. They act like a couple of little wingnuts when they first see someone:



But really, they're just starved for attention and as soon as they get some, they chill right out:



Problem is, most people don't get beyond the initial barking. These two really are a lovely pair together.

Sad news on Angel here.

For adoption information on these and other dogs (and cats and other animals), please visit Toronto Animal Services.

16 comments:

Biscuit said...

oh god, those pictures of Butch are killing me.

Lynn said...

I'd like three of each please. Can I get them gift-wrapped?

Marcie said...

The pictures are all good but the new pics of Dakota are amaZing! TAS & those dogs are lucky to have your skills :P

I want another dog every time I see one of these posts....counting down till the time is right to add another pooch to the fam or maybe 2.

Laura HP said...

Amazing photos! The old ones weren't that bad :) But these are heart-warming. I can't believe Dakota's still there - she's such a sweet dog, and quiet in the kennel.

Social Mange said...

Can TAS sign up for Petfinder as well as Petharbor? Petfinder allows three pictures per pet. The pics have to be a certain pixel size but the advantage of having three pics (and video!) might be worth it. It would also bring more attention to the fact that TAS adopts out.

Fred said...

Social Mange, TAS is on Petfinder (I didnt' know this either until a few days ago) but I'm not sure how many people go on the site.

Anonymous said...

I see that you're starting another I Can Has Cheezburger site. Butch is just begging for a caption!

borderjack said...

Are Butch and Angel being adopted as a pair? It doesn't say so on the TAS website...

borderjack said...

I just noticed: Angel's 'bio' says she needs a home with her brother...

Fred said...

borderjack, yes they are being adopted out together. There's a short mention af that in their descriptions.

Calsidyrose said...

Miniature Pinschers ARE wingnuts! I have one rescue min-pin of my own and have fostered and placed three this year! And, like potato chips, Miniature Pinschers are better by the handful!

Lynda said...

Those 2 really are an adorable couple. I love your pics!

Ian said...

Your pictures are always great.
We don`t have room for another dog at this point but your pictures always make us want another dog.


Is T.A.S aware of this database?
http://www.petango.com/

Fred said...

Ian, maybe not but I'll mention it to them or ask about using Petfinder more.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD FRED!!!!!!!!!that pic of Butch is the best photo of a dog EVER..the sitting one, his expression, the position, send it in for a photo contest NOW..

Susan

P.s the new photo for Dakota really captures her spirit love it

Unknown said...

Dakota really is a great dog.
She does walk ahead of you when you first take her out for her walk but once she has done her business and has had a few minutes to smell everything in sight she is as good as gold.
She walked right beside me on a slack leash on our way back. We both took a few minutes to watch some football players throw the ball around, which I think she enjoyed, and she behaved beautifully. Dakota would make a great addition to anyone's family.