Friday, August 7, 2009

Toronto Animal Services Friday review, August 7

Carmel is a six year old, heavyset Lab. His previous owners had never bothered to teach him even the most basic of commands so it's a good thing he's so laid back and friendly. He likes to sit leaning against your leg and has no problems accepting as much ear scratching as you can dole out. With his type of personality, training will be a piece of cake.


Levi is more energetic, maybe because of his youth. His friendliness is more demonstratively displayed with kisses and paws up for attention. I doubt either of these Labs will last long in adoption.


Barney is a skinny puppy and just slightly unsure about the world but he's got an explorer's attitude so he just needs constant and consistent exposure to the outdoors and he'll figure it out how to have fun again.

When I first came upon this unnamed Chihuahua, he was like this ...

... and it looked like he wasn't going to be too pleased if I tried to remove him from the security of his padded crate. I checked with one of the staff and they assured me he was fine to be taken out ... and they were right, of course.

I pulled him out of the crate by his padding and he just stared at me with his huge eyes, hoping I wasn't going to eat him or anything.

Once we got outside, though, it was all good.

Yep, people are going to be fighting over this guy.

For adoption information on these and other dogs (and cats and other animals), please visit Toronto Animal Services.

No comments: